How born Babieca Folk
Many festivals take place in summertime in Burgos and province. Outdoors festivals, near to nature and the environment, so we asked ourselves: ‘What if we create a winter festival bringing together musical performances and cultural activities, which brings different cultures and its relationship with music – especially based on Celtic culture- closer to everyone?’ No sooner said than done. After a thorough study, we presented the project to different public and private entities, which found it really attractive. So we celebrated the first Babieca Folk Festival in December 2015.
Babieca Folk Association
- Divulgation and culture spreading, specially the Atlantic Europe folklore, but open to other cultures.
- Be accessible to all audiences carrying out workshops, educational activities, conferences and concerts for all ages.
- Be affordable, because we understand that culture must be accessible to everyone.
- Enjoy concerts with local, national and international bands, both famous and new, hoping that the festival could be the launching pad for new bands.
- Involve the most number of companies, institutions and associations in Burgos city in order to achieve wide promotion of the festival.
- Promote Burgos city as a point of reference in the world of Folk.
- Bring music closer to the ones who can’t go to the festival concerts. (Hospital Universitario de Burgos, Burgos penitentiary…)